Hello fellow lifestyle blog writers!
I started my blog with the intention of documenting all my adventures with my family.
I was inspired by many of the other lifestyle blogs I came across through the years.
I figured that it was worth a try to join the ranks of all the lifestyle bloggers I looked up to and enjoyed reading. I saw what my favourites were doing, and then I followed Reddit’s Just Start, Blogging and SEO subreddits for tips on getting started.
I have since consistently blogged every week for the last two years, gaining thousands of visitors a month (and growing).
My lifestyle blog started out narrowly (outdoor activities for families) but has since expanded to everything related to families. I learned that sometimes you don’t want too narrow of a niche, and it’s okay to pivot and grow.
I want to use this post to share with my readers all the lifestyle blogs I enjoyed reading that led me to where I am today.
Thus, in this post, I will link to some select lifestyle blogs I approve of and gained inspiration from.
Help for New Lifestyle Bloggers
I also want to give new bloggers an opportunity to help them spread their lifestyle blog to more viewers.
Therefore, if you are a new lifestyle blogger, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will consider linking to you. All I hope for is a link in return on a similar post on your blog.
- Must be a lifestyle blog (family, mommy, dad, travel, fashion, etc. blogs)
- Must be family-friendly (no shady articles)
- Must be in English
- Must have at least ten posts and at least one post in the last month
- A link in return is much appreciated
Hopefully, we can start a trend where all the new lifestyle bloggers help each other out by linking to each other. Who knows, in many years, maybe this post will become a fantastic lifestyle blog directory kind of like DMOZ once was?
It doesn’t hurt your SEO to link to so-called ‘competitors’; rather, it helps your authority because it shows search engines what neighbourhood you’re located in (source).
My Lifestyle Blog Directory
- Scary Mommy: https://www.scarymommy.com
- PingPong Bros: https://pingpongbros.com
- La Jolla Mom: https://lajollamom.com
- Jen Jones: https://www.jenjoes.com
- A Heart Full of Joy: https://aheartfullofjoy.com
- Bex Brend: https://www.theordinaryadventurer.com
- Man of Many: https://manofmany.com
- Canadian Dad: https://canadiandad.com
- Modest Man: https://www.themodestman.com
- Twins Mommy: https://twinsmommy.com
- VeryWellFamily: https://www.verywellfamily.com
- Rattles and Heels: https://rattlesandheels.com
- Imperfectly Mama https://www.imperfectlyperfectmama.com
- Disney Food Blog https://www.disneyfoodblog.com
- Tim Tracker: https://timtracker.com/tracker-tips
- Underflowr (Rania): https://www.instagram.com/underflowR
- Erin Gobler: https://eringobler.com
- Start A Mom Blog: https://www.startamomblog.com
- Katie Did What?: https://www.katiedidwhat.com
- Blog Tyrant: https://www.blogtyrant.com/blog
- Home With Aneta Alaei: https://homewithaneta.com
- Play Party Plan: https://www.playpartyplan.com
- Casey Neistat: https://www.youtube.com/user/caseyneistat
- The Spruce: https://www.thespruce.com
- Product Reviews Mom: https://www.productreviewmom.com
- Fatherly: https://www.fatherly.com
- Best Backyard Gear: https://bestbackyardgear.com
Find my contact me page here.
Hi, I’m JD (Big Daddy). After I became a lawyer and ran a successful law practise for a while, I became interested in blogging, developing new technology for the law, playing in the outdoors and taking lots of vacations. I still spend time being a lawyer, but I’m trying to pursue my other passions, and I’d like to document all my fun in various blogs.